Release Notes, January 12, 2023
This release includes mainly updates and continues to build on the the Final Review and Submission module and the MRV’s overall validation. One of the new features included in this release will add validation to the Fields and Practice Changes module. The module will now check a producer’s fields for earlier enrollment markings when the field is submitted with “Pending enrollment.” Producers with this issue will not be able to continue the Fields and Practice Changes module.
Multiple fixes have been included in this release. The Fields and Practice Changes Review had the message updated for checking overlap between ESMC producers. This update will allow ESMC to show the producer the same version of the review. The producer will only see “failed” or “Passed with Changes” items. Producers with this issue will now see a message of “field boundary error”. The MRV’s Crops module had validation corrected to handle scenarios of double cropping with the same commodity. Users will no longer see the error appear for the last event being a harvest unless they have an additional event after their second harvest. The Fields and Practice Changes module had the non-functioning “Done” button fixed. Now, all users will see the usual validation plus validation feedback when the module is attempted to be marked as completed. The MRV’s Final Review and Submission module had additional updates. The final review will now show the set of records for the issues dealing with pesticide usage, number of plantings, fertilizer rates. Users would previously only see one issue even if that year had multiple issues. Upcoming releases will continue to add to the MRV’s review processes. The full list of release notes has been included below.
- Additional validation has been added to the Fields and Practice Changes module. Producers will not be able to mark their fields with “Pending enrollment” if the field was marked with another practice change in an earlier year.
- Producers that have self-registered on the registration page will show a status of N/A on the MRV’s admin pages. Once the producer’s enrollment request is approved or denied, the producer’s status will be updated.
- A couple of scenarios for the “Surface water treatment” initial eligibility validation will still result in missed flagging.
- The MRV’s producer overlap validation has been updated to a new message. The new message will allow the producers, with a rejected review, to avoid seeing additional information about other possible MRV producers. This check is still done after a producer submits their Fields and Practice Changes module.
- The validation, which checked for last event being a harvest in the Crops module’s “Tillage, Cover Crops, Planting, and Harvest” was fixed to handle scenarios where there was a double crop of the same commodity.
- The basic validation checking eligibility for the “Surface water treatment” was improved for some of the possible scenarios. The producer’s data will be checked for the submitting year and the previous year the same crop was grown. There are still a couple of scenarios that will need to be added to the MRV’s validation.
- The Fields and Practice Changes module had an issue with the “Done” button not running the usual validation that included a dialog with feedback. Regardless of the module’s progress, the “Done” button will show this dialog to the user again.
- The MRV had planned roles showing when creating MRV admin/staff accounts. This has been temporary removed until the full role and behavior has been implemented. In future releases, these roles will become available through the MRV’s user interface.
- The static Final Review and Submission module had a couple of issues fixed. The review page will now show the producer’s crop(s) and practice change(s) for each field. The soft limit check on the pesticide usage has been fixed to show all types of pesticides instead of just herbicide. When the multiple plantings are added, the review page will now show the list of plantings. The review page’s check on fertilizer rates was also fixed to show multiple results if the season had multiple rates flagged.