Release Notes, August 17, 2022
This release includes updates to the available practice changes. The “edge of field” practice change has deactivated, and additional practice changes have been added. One of the new practice changes is “normal operations” and will be used to capture a producer’s normal operation during a season. If data operations are not to be captured, producers can utilize the renamed “pending enrollment” practice change. This was previously the “no change” practice change option. The “pending enrollment” practice change will be used the same way as the previous named version. The practice change is meant to capture a producer’s field but not include it in any enrollment years. No operational data is collected when the field is marked with the “pending enrollment.” The producer can include it in their enrollment or can continue to mark it as “pending enrollment.”
In addition to the updated and new practice changes, projects have also been updated. The MRV will now allow each project to have its own list of available practice changes. This will allow projects to restrict their producers from selecting practice changes that can’t be modeled or are not part of the project’s scope. Administrative and staff accounts can add or remove practice changes within the “project settings” tab. Once the changes are saved, producers are no longer able to select the removed practice changes. If producers already had a removed practice change selected, then it will remain unchanged. The fields with no longer accepted practice changes will be flagged when the producer and/ or their delegate attempts to start the field submission process. A full list of release notes has been included below.
- The MRV now supports custom practice changes options for each project. The producers in the project will see the custom list when completing their Fields and Practice Changes module.
- Additional practice change options have been added. MRV users will now be able to select “Normal operation,” “Surface water treatment,” or “Drainage water treatment” options within the Fields and Practice changes module.
- The MRV’s map feature has been updated to consume the newly design separate map package. This will not show any difference through the UI but will be used to design and deploy the planned changes to the MRV’s map module.
- The aggregation on a project’s acreage and field count is incorrect once the project has multiple pages for the producer list.
- The validation that is being done for producer fields overlapping against others is currently being placed in the Final Review and Submission module. The boundary overlap and other related field boundary validation/verification will be moved from the current module to a future planned page.
- Uploading a csv of producers will fail if one or more of the producers already has an existing MRV account.
- The amount of calls the Crops module uses has been reduced. This will help resolve some issues where the data was inputted into the module but the “Done” button was not showing as available or the section still showed the “Missing details” warning.
- The Fields and Practice Changes module’s “planned crop” has been updated to match the ESMC’s protocol. Users will now be asked to select no more than 3 planned plantings. Users with access to the Crops module will see this additional validation as well.