Release Notes, December 29, 2021
This release did not include any new user interface features and focused on corrected issues found in the crop module. The biggest change this release provided is something the users will not see while using the application. In a previous release, the “INCOMPLETE” button was added to allow data to be marked as done when the information is not available or unknown. Users were able to utilize that button but from a database standpoint, there was an issue with figuring out what was marked as incomplete. This was compounded as data was entered and revisions were made. Now, users can enter data and make endless revisions and the application can now pinpoint the data that was left incomplete and never went through validation. This will be incorporated into the end of year review process so reviewers can understand where those sections are and what if any additional data is needed.
- Completion percentage in the crop module is not correct and is currently a work in progress.
- The count of events, seen next to each crop module component, is not dynamic and does not follow your field/year view selection. The count is currently looking across all years for each field and is incorrect when you view the crop module via a single field/year selection.
- The DONE button can appear selectable when you complete a record and then mark something as invalid. When you re-enter an invalid value, the input is kept to the last value and not set back to null.
- Registration submission and profile changes are both affected when a user selects a state with space in the name.
- Inputting multiple “Other” planting and harvest events will still show an error if the user leaves space between the harvest of the first crop and planting of the second. These “Other” records are getting caught in the validation to make sure the planting event and harvest events are happening in the correct order. If the user has the crops overlap, the error is not seen when the section is marked as done.
- The database structure and functions have been adjusted to allow the application to mark the areas that are truly incomplete. Previously the incomplete marking was done but on a season level and as revisions were done, the marking became less accurate. The new structure will allow revisions to be made while still knowing what subset of data was marked as incomplete.
- Both the Fertilizer and Irrigation & Drainage events have been adjusted. Users will no longer see an error if the user selects the event as not being done during the enrollment year. This was happening due to the validation needed in the Tillage, Cover Crops, Planting, and Harvest section that prevents users from entering their enrollment year as being empty with no events being done.
- Pairs of planting and harvest are no able to be marked with “Other” as the commodity type. Users will no longer receive a message warning them their planting and harvest records do not match. While the “Other” type is now supported, users will need to make sure they have a corresponding harvest record to match each planting “Other” record.