Release Notes, November 16, 2022
This release includes multiple fixes and a couple of new MRV features. One of the main MRV feature changes will adjust what is required in the Crops module. Users will no longer be required to answer the question in the “Electricity and Fuel” section. Producers wishing to provide this information are still able to do so. Another feature included in this release is additional validation for the Fields Practice Review page. Each producer field will be checked for the Nutrient Management practice. If the field has the practice marked, the review page will show an additional record under the “Manual checks”. The Fields Practice Review page is currently static and is not able to be reached within normal MRV user interface interactions. Once additional changes are added into the MRV, this page will be incorporated into the MRV application.
There were multiple fixes and corrections included in this release. One of the main items to be fixed was the aggregated metrics feature shown on the MRV’s project page. The number of producers, fields, and acreage will no longer be affected by the user’s selected table row limit. Regardless of the table’s row limit, the aggregated data will remain the same. This metric will continue to change based on the project’s enrollment/collection year selection. Disabled producers or fields marked with “Pending Enrollment” will continue to be excluded from this aggregation. Another change included in this release will re-point the MRV’s contact address to the updated ESMC address. This change will also include any references found in the MRV generated emails. The Crops module’s “Tillage, Cover Crops, Planting, and Harvest” had multiple updates done. Users will now see a mention of daily feed for the grazing event. The tillage event had a percentage added into the the drop-down selection. The “Actual crop” in the Fields and Practice Changes module has been updated. Users will see an updated description and the feature will now show the correct data from the Crops module. Users will not be able to utilize this feature if they have already marked their corresponding year in the Crops module as completed. This feature is also disabled when either the planting or the harvest records in the corresponding year are marked as not being done. The full list of release notes has been included below.
- The Crops module’s “Electricity and Fuel” section has become an optional section for data entry. Users will be able to skip questions in this section and still be able to mark the section as “Done”.
- An additional validation check has been added into the MRV. Users with the practice of “Nutrient Management” will have those field(s) marked for a manual review. This review will be done during the Fields and Practices Review.
- The validation that is being done for producer fields overlapping against others is currently being placed in the Final Review and Submission module. The boundary overlap and other related field boundary validation/verification will be moved from the current module to a future planned page.
- Producers that have self-registered on the registration page will show a status of N/A on the MRV’s admin pages. Once the producer’s enrollment request is approved or denied, the producer’s status will be updated.
- The Project’s producer page had its data aggregation corrected. The MRV’s table row count setting will no longer change the shown data aggregation. Users will now see the same producers count, field count, and acreage regardless of how many rows the table is allowed to show.
- Contact references have been updated to utilize ESMC’s new support email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The MRV will now show this email and include it in any external emails sent via the application.
- The Fields and Practices Changes module’s “Actual crop” dialog has been updated to distinguish it from the producer’s “Planned crop”.
- The bug affecting projects not showing any producers has been fixed. The administrator and staff accounts will no longer need to toggle the collection year in order to see the correct list of producers in the project’s “Enrollment” tab.
- The Crops module’s “Tillage, Cover Crops, Planting, and Harvest” has been updated for the tillage event. The tillage residue question has been updated to include the percentage in the question.
- The Crops module’s “Tillage, Cover Crops, Planting, and Harvest” has been updated for the grazing event. Users will now see the additional feed question mention “daily” amount. This daily amount would still be for the range of the grazing start and stop dates.
- The MRV’s field acreage validation has been fixed for the Fields and Practices Review page. The check,—based on the MRV’s minimum/maximum and currently being done on the producer submission,—has been correctly aligned in the review page.
- The MRV’s map feature continues to be updated. In addition to some back-end coding changes, the bug involving field selection on the map has been resolved. Selection of a field via the map changes the selection in the Fields and Practice Changes module. The selection of the field will also show summary information (Field name, practice change(s), acreage) in a map tool-tip.
- The Fields and Practice Changes module’s “Actual crop” has been updated. The bug showing the producer’s planting and harvest event selections has been fixed. Users will now only see the harvest record. The feature has also been fixed to become disabled when the user would not be able to add the planting/harvest records in the corresponding Crops module.