How Can We Help?
Release Notes, October 17, 2022
This release will continue the additional updates to the Crops module. The tile drainage event has been updated to provide easier data entry. Instead of asking for the installation date every season, the MRV user will now be asked for the drainage presence and if the tile drainage was installed that season. If the drainage was installed during that season, the user will be required to provide a date. Users who mark their harvest event as a non-harvest will additionally be required to provide the end of season date along with their reason on the non-harvest. This is needed in order for the modeling to know when one season stops and the next season starts. The harvest event had additional changes implemented as well. The harvest event continues to contain the question on any additional biomass removal. This is now required not just in the enrolling year and prior year but across all years for each field. If the harvest event was marked as a “cutting/baling” type, the users will not see this biomass question. This is due to the data being already requested as part of a “cutting/baling” harvest event.
The release contains a couple of fixes to various MRV modules. Users will notice the intent to harvest on the Fields and Practice Changes’ planned crop will now show without having to scroll through the list of crops. This will reduce the data entry effort and will resolve confusion for users that didn’t see the scroll bar. Another fix included in this release will resolve the blank page issue for administrator/staff accounts viewing the accounts of producers who enroll in 2023 or later. The administrator/staff accounts will now load the producer page the same as the producer logging into their own account. The Crops module had additional validation added to the planting and harvest events. The MRV will now check to ensure the user has a corresponding “Fallow” marking in both the harvest and planting events. Users will see a warning message and will be unable to mark the section as complete until either the fallow marking is removed or added to the corresponding event. The full list of release notes has been included below.
- The Crops module will now ask for an end-of-season date when a non-harvest option is used. Users will be required to provide this date in order to mark their section as completed. If the producer selects either crop failure, fallow, price/cost, and or weather as the reason for a non-harvest, the MRV will request the date for the end of that season.
- The Crops module tile drainage event has been updated to allow easier data entry. Users will still be required to provide the average depth but will be asked if the tile drainage was installed that year. If the tile drainage was installed that year, the MRV will require an installation date.
- The MRV’s planned biomass reduction has been implemented in the Crops module. Users will now be required to report any additional biomass removal for all of their collection years instead of just for the current and prior years. Users that select a “Cutting/Baling” type harvest record will not see this additional biomass removal question due to the biomass removal percentage already being part of their required items.
- The Crops module’s copy and paste feature is currently not functioning due to the recent release, which opened the Crops module to all years/users. While the issue is resolved, users are suggested to fill out the rotations they generally use and then utilize the copy & paste feature once the issue has been resolved.
- The aggregation on a project’s acreage and field count is incorrect once the project has multiple pages for the producer list.
- The validation that is being done for producer fields overlapping against others is currently being placed in the Final Review and Submission module. The boundary overlap and other related field boundary validation/verification will be moved from the current module to a future planned page.
- Producers that have self-registered on the registration page will show a status of N/A on the MRV’s admin pages. Once the producer’s enrollment request is approved or denied, the producer’s status will be updated.
- The UI layout has been adjusted in the Fields and Practice Changes planned crop dialog. Users will now see the intent to harvest question as a static question. The users will no longer have to scroll to the bottom of the list to finish the required question.
- The bug resulting in an empty page when an administrator/staff views an account for a producer who enrolls in 2023 or later has been resolved. The administrator/staff will load the producer’s page as if they were the producer and will see the correct enrollment and progress.
- Multiple text changes have been included in this release. Various noted issues have been resolved throughout the MRV’s user interface.
- The validation has been updated in the Crops module. Users will now see a warning message when they mark either their planting or harvest record with a “Fallow” marking and do not mark the corresponding event also with a “Fallow” marking.
- The field’s acreage amount will continue to display when a field is being renamed. This was previously being hidden until the field renaming was completed.