Release Notes, September 12, 2022
This release includes updates to the MRV’s map functionality. MRV users will no longer be required to be in the application’s field edit/create mode in order to see the map overlay feature. Users can now utilize this map feature elsewhere in the MRV application. Users will now be able to utilize new overlay options while drawing and editing their fields. The added overlays are also part of future planned checks Fields and Practice Changes validations. Producers will have the ability to fix any issues with the use of added map overlays. Administrators and staff accounts will no longer need to enter each field to see the overlays. All the producer’s fields can now be shown during a map overlay and will create a more efficient review process. The other feature that was included in this release was the updates to the Irrigation & Drainage events. Users will no longer be asked for the field’s drainage coverage. Users with irrigation will now be required to provide the water source, the application method, and the start/stop dates.
Other changes included in this release fix a couple of known issues. MRV ESMC administrator/staff accounts will no longer be able to also be project administrator/staff accounts. When an existing ESMC account is attempted to be added as a project type account, a warning message will be shown in the MRV’s interface. Another bug fixed in this release was the incorrect database marking for producers that were previously submitted but had their enrollments unlocked. This unlock(ing) action was not correctly setting the values in the database and has now been corrected. The full list of release notes has been included below.
- The MRV Crops module’s drainage and irrigation events have been updated to align with the new data requirements. Users with Irrigation will now be asked some general questions on their irrigation instead of a true or false marking. The drainage event has been updated to include a date input and will no longer ask for the percentage of field being covered.
- The MRV’s map feature has been updated to be more accessible in the application. The map updates have also included new map overlay features. In addition to the current MRV overlay options, users can now overlay Railways, Roadways, Flowlines, ESMC protocol areas, Waterbodies, States, Counties, and Zip codes. The map controls have been updated to have this be a separate tool/selection in the bottom left map corner.
- The Crops module had additional changes with the event options shown to producers. Users will no longer see the “No data available” option on events regardless of the year being the current enrollment year or historical years. Users will need to select either a yes or no selection for all MRV events. There are also additional planned changes that will remove the “Incomplete” option. These changes will improve the ability to model the producer data.
- The ability to disable ESMC administrators and Staff accounts is temporary disabled while changes are done to the admin pages.
- The Crops module’s Tillage event can at times prevent the section’s “Done” button from being available.
- The aggregation on project’s acreage and field count is incorrect once the project has multiple pages for the producer list.
- The validation that is being done for producer fields overlapping against others is currently being placed in the Final Review and Submission module. The boundary overlap and other related field boundary validation/verification will be moved from the current module to a future planned page.
- Uploading a csv of producers will fail if one or more of the producers already has an existing MRV account.
- Producers that have self-registered on the registration page will show a status of N/A on the MRV’s admin pages. Once the producer’s enrollment request is approved or denied, the producer’s status will be updated.
- The bug allowing ESMC administrator/staff accounts to be created as a project administrator/staff account has been fixed. When this action is attempted, the user will see a warning message for the account existing already.
- The bug causing the empty practice change drop-down has been fixed in the Fields and Practice Changes module. Users will now see the drop-down appear as normal when a field is deleted and the practice change drop-down is opened.
- The hard minimum limit for tile drainage has been implemented. Users will no longer be able to mark their average tile drainage depth as under 24 inches. Users will be required to input values between 24 and 72 inches.
- The behavior of unlocking producers has been improved. Previously, the unlock(ing) of a producer account would leave the incorrect database time-stamp and agreement markings. This has been corrected and will improve the program metric calculations with the “submitted” producers.